Jan 26, 2011

My Salad Face

Is it just me or everyone else felt Monday seems much longer then the other day? Well, you know, like it has extra 10 hours in its damn clock. Weird but my guts keep telling me that it’s true.

I just happened to bumped into my piers the other day (Monday of course) at the office lobby and not quite sure how to start a conversation with him. The reason being is because he was starring blank through the wall like Superman always does and looking confused over which lift to take to go to the fifth floor. So I just say hello and murmured to him "Monday huh" instead. He seems to agree.

I’m not sure why I had this "thing" toward ‘Monday’. I used to hate Sunday though and it was not so long ago.

Maybe it’s because I couldn’t handle the extreme transition. You were lying heavenly on your sofa cuddling your pillow with your t-shirt and PJ, watching How I Met Your Mother and the next thing you know you were walking towards your workstation with your tie, a shirt that tucked into your pants and wearing lots of perfume, doing the same thing you’ve been doing since yesteryear. It get worse when there’s a pile of workload lining up on your desk taking their turn to say "right at your face (with its middle finger)" to you.

I don’t know why ‘Monday’ requires us to wear formal attire, aren’t we not getting enough tortured? Isn’t it good if we get to wear our shirts and sweatpants and flip flop on Monday? It would surely help to smooth the extreme transition that I was talking about.

And, believe me not, Monday is so challenging, you even got to have a ‘Monday face’ to get through it. MUST HAVE! Everyone has a ‘Monday face’ and it’s unique and different from one another depending on how hard ones think the day would turn out to be. Some would have their eyes stuck in its socket looking like a modern day Frankenstein and some looks like Kurt Cobain in a tux, with cocaine in his nose.

Mine? I called my Monday face, ‘Salad face’. You know, when you had your brain scattered and dry inside your head like vegetables on a plate and a jug of vinegar just spilled right on your face? That’s a ‘Salad face’. And if there is someone that really annoy me that day, I’d put on some extra ‘dressing’ on it make it turn into a ‘Caesar Salad face’ with a ‘Go away’ sign blinking on my forehead.

Sigh,

I do sound like a soar looser didn’t I? Well, guess we shouldn’t be complaining about things we can’t change, instead try to work out on things that we can, aren’t we? It’s good enough to have opened your eyes and still see the sunlight and breathe the air, and has plenty of reasons to keep standing on your feet and walked tall. We shouldn’t be asking for more.

For what is worth, Monday do has a few tricks left in its pocket and it’s not all that bad. We’ve always use Monday as a starting point. Like, "this is the last pack of cigarette, going to start quitting comes Monday" or "I’m going to finish all the food in the fridge before Sunday and start working out on my diet AGAIN, on Monday" (which probably would fail by the end of Tuesday) or "I’m going to stop spending like Kim Kardashian now and start saving my ass off BUT not until Monday"


Smelly cat, smelly cat..its not your fault.

2 comments:

Alyn Tahir said...

haha... cnt help but laugh throughout your post. i think u've been watching too much of How I met your mother :P


"smelly cat... smelly cat... what are they feeding you? "

Haidar said...

way too much indeed.

smelly cat..smelly cat..its not your fault.